Friday, February 26, 2010

Book and Movie reviews coming up

I'm guessing this post is like the In My Mailbox thing, except instead of things arriving by mailbox (Netflix movies excluded of course, those come by mail) I'll keep you updated on what's going on on this blog, and what I'm reading or watching later this week or next or whatever.

Books:

Ok, first, I just checked out Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier from the library:



Movies:

There are two versions of Lord of the Flies. One is the obvious 1966 classic black-and-white movie directed by Peter Brook we all know that one...



And the other is the Americanized and modernized (yes unfortunately, they dared to do so) version that came out in '90, directed by Harry Hook



Has anybody read Girl With a Pearl Earring? I'm on the verge of reading it right now. Also, has anybody seen the new version of LOF? I'd love to hear other people's views on this book and the new (and old) movie version.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

HEYYYY!! ITS WORKING NOW!!!

I'm doing a little spazzydance, I'm so happy!