Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A new movie adaptation coming soon!

To make things a bit more fun, I decided to introduce a new movie adaptation each week. And my first one is...


Dear John
Book by: Nicholas Sparks

From the Facebook Fan page:
Directed by Lasse Halström and based on the novel by best-selling author Nicholas Sparks, DEAR JOHN tells story of John Tyree (Channing Tatum), a young soldier home on leave, and Savannah Curtis (Amanda Seyfried), the idealistic college student he falls in love with during her spring vacation. Over the next seven tumultuous years, the couple is separated by John’s increasingly dangerous deployments. While meeting only sporadically, they stay in touch by sending a continuous stream of love letters overseas--correspondence that eventually triggers fateful consequences. Coming February 5th!

I know, Nick Spark's novels are always guilty pleasures, but I find his writing competent. It's a book I've been planning on reading soon. Besides, I love Amanda Seyfried. Check back for a review really soon!

1 comment:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Despite the unhappy ending I've heard about - I can't wait to see this. I really love Channing. That helps ;)